Assistant Store Manager Trainee (ASMT) #1544-REGO PARK, NY job in REGO PARK
Vacancy has been updated. Please search again for updated jobs.
|Job Function:||Field Management|
|Employment Category:||Regular, Full-time|
|State:||New York (NY)|
|State or Province/City:||REGO PARK|
|Business Unit:||Stores - Sears|
|Store:||01544: Sears Rego Park NY|
The ultimate goal of the program is to develop a Assistant Store Manager Trainee (ASMT) who is ready to become a Sears FLS Assistant Store Manager at the conclusion of a 4 ‐ 6 week training/overview program. The program consists of, but is not limited to, facilitated, job shadowing, on‐the‐job, self‐study, and online training. At the conclusion of his/her training, the ASMT must demonstrate a solid understanding of Sears Retail operations. The primary focus of the training will be in one of the following areas; Operations, Human Resources, Hardlines and Softlines merchandising, Loss Prevention and/or other areas as defined during the scope of the job including special projects and event assignments.|
• Learns the day to day operations of maintaining and managing a Sears Full Line Retail Store department.
• Understands and participates in coaching selling skills & sales forecasting for a department.
• Identifies sales opportunities and changes approach to drive a different outcome.
• Identifies local merchandise assortment opportunities and partners with necessary field and support center resources to rectify and solve.
• Learns to analyze margin and profit levers for a department. Develops action plans to address opportunities.
• Review and adjusting merchandise assortment opportunities by applying knowledge gained during training.
• Maintains national presentation, signing and pricing standards for a department.
• Learns how to manage associates schedules, monitor attendance and address issues accordingly.
• Ensures productivity of associates in meeting expectations in an efficient manner, with high integrity.
• Learns how to effectively coach associates for success within the organization through effective communication, associate observation, timely feedback, recognition and performance management/performance reviews.
• Learns recruitment process of new hires to fill open and anticipated labor needs of hourly and salaried associates.
• Learns the business model of other SHC partners including Licensed Businesses, Product Repair Services, Home Delivery. Works closely with each to ensure understanding of the respective support areas while achieving mutual business goals and ensuring customer satisfaction levels are achieved within a department. Education Requirements Associates degree or higher, and/or equivalent retail experience is desired. Required Skills:
• Leadership skills and abilities
• Dedication to customer service
• Strong communication and interpersonal skills
• Ability to work nights, weekends and holidays as needed
• A Minimum 1‐3 years experience in retail merchandising, business development, Human Resources or other relatable areas of business development is required. Preferred Skills: Candidates must have a demonstrated history and understanding of business complexities and their role in successfully executing retail operations and performance strategies similar to those in a Sears FLS unit.