Branch Manager Assistant- Carpet Cleaning & Restoration job in BUFFALO GROVE
|Job Function:||Field Management|
|Employment Category:||Regular, Full-time|
|State or Province/City:||BUFFALO GROVE|
|Business Unit:||Home Services - Sears Carpet and Upholstery|
|Store:||25008: Sears Buffalo Grove IL|
Provide support to the Branch Manager in the overall operation of the branch office, including areas of production as it relates to the crews training, overseeing and maintaining the fleet of vehicles, facility upkeep, providing excellent customer service and providing sales estimates to customers.
• Manage and oversee the cleaning quality and selling skills of approximately 40 branch technicians
• Insure proper workforce planning initiatives are maintained to insure proper number of technicians are available to appropriately match customer demands.
• Help perform, when needed, all services offered to the customers (i.e. carpet and upholstery cleaning, tile cleaning, duct cleaning, etc.).
• Implement and manage performance improvement plans for technicians in the following disciplines; sales, cleaning technique, customer service, and job efficiency.
• Manage the fleet maintenance program including notifying the manager of vehicle problems, keeping a vehicle maintenance log, and scheduling repair services.
• Implement and maintain Branch Fleet Safety Program.
• Oversee and manage all aspects of inventory management (i.e. tracking usage, ordering supplies, and reporting information to corporate office for month end accounting).
• Assist with conducting commercial estimates.
• Supervises resolution of customer complaints in an efficient and timely manner, including authority to issue settlements and refunds.
• Assist manager in monitoring and correcting compliance issues concerning Vendor Certification program, water disposal, and OSHA.
• Facilitates continuing education training classes sent from the Director of Training.
• Responsible for the tracking of all re-dos and makes recommendations to branch manager on any problem crews
• Helps the management team maintain a positive, open-door employee relations policy
• Assists the Branch Manager to implement and grow new services within the region
• Branch management responsibilities including answering phones, open/close operation, troubleshoot inoperable equipment,
• Responsible for technician hiring decisions as well as determining the overall need to hire new technicians.
• Assist, when needed, in receiving incoming calls to maximize orders or direct the call to the proper person.
• Responsible for the quality scores of the branch
• Responsible for sustaining and growing additional sales annually through the technicians
Specific Essential Functions:
• Manage the technical and sales skill development of all technicians.
• Must remain informed of current industry knowledge
• Must possess the ability to train others
• Demonstrate good customer service techniques, which include follow through on all matters of sale. Adept use of a full range of proven selling techniques.
• Ability to develop and maintain positive relations with fellow associates and external customers and assist a wide range of individuals in a variety of functions.
• Must possess good verbal and written communication skills.
• Must be well organized, and possess outstanding interpersonal and customer service skills.
• Ability to lift 75 pounds on a regular basis.
• Position requires virtually constant standing and walking (8+ hours per day).
• 3-5 years supervisory experience
• High School Diploma or equivalent.
• Previous industry and mechanical experience a plus
Required Job Capabilities:
• Ability to handle stressful situations and work in a fast-paced environment.
• Ability to multi-task
• Ability to read, develop and utilize reports.
• Strong technical understanding of the business of carpet and upholstery cleaning.
• Solid computer skills.
• Excellent two-way communication skills with both internal and external customers.
• Performance of miscellaneous duties as assigned.
• Initiative/sense of urgency
• Results Driven
• Effective problem resolution skills
• Valuing diversity
• Empowerment skills