Kmart HR Lead - Kingsland, GA #3991 job in KINGSLAND
Vacancy has been updated. Please search again for updated jobs.
|Job Function:||Field Management|
|Employment Category:||Regular, Full-time|
|State or Province/City:||KINGSLAND|
|Business Unit:||Stores - Kmart|
|Store:||03991: KINGSLAND, GA|
This highly motivated individual will both implement and coordinate human resources functions within Kmart stores. He/she will have responsibility for store HR administration, associate screening, onboarding, and training, as well as employee engagement. This position reports to the Store Manager.
Non Negotiable(s)/Critical Success Factors:
• Collaborates with and supports store management to strategically build and foster a fun, team environment for store associates that reflects the mission and values of Kmart.
• Coordinates hiring process in collaboration with the store manager and assistant store manager(s) to ensure store has qualified candidates to fill openings.
• Maintains associate documents and files in compliance with company policy.
• Actively communicates and builds relationships with store associates to drive associate engagement.
• Ensures all associates receive appropriate orientation and training in accordance with specific job needs as well as company policies.
• Maintains working knowledge of Kmart’s employment policies and practices and ensures awareness and compliance throughout store.
• Escalates issues of importance to store management and district, regional and corporate partners if necessary.
Customer Focused -
• Coordinates associate recognition programs including birthday and anniversary recognition.
• Regularly updates associate communication bulletin board.
• Maintains an “open-door” policy to effectively address associate needs.
• Leads by example by exhibiting a positive attitude and a sense of collaboration.
• Responsible for coordinating and facilitating associate orientation.
• Initiates annual hourly employment review process by providing managers with necessary tools. Holds managers accountable to deadlines to ensure evaluations are completed within the appropriate timeframe.
• Adheres to privacy requirements and maintains confidentiality of associate information.
Process Thinking -
• Ensures all necessary new associate paperwork is submitted in accordance company guidelines.
• Maintains compliance with regard to associate drug testing and background check policies.
• Ensures store compliance for monthly HR Review process.
• Responds to associate inquiries on policy, benefits, and compensation; understands proper methods and resources available to obtain information or direct associates and/or managers regarding non-routine inquiries.
• Responsible for maintenance of online application system.
Effectiveness/ Attains Results -
• Understands HR Scorecard and assists management in holding associates accountable to meet defined goals.
• Proactively monitors ongoing associate training completion to meet 90% minimum monthly requirement.
• Processes and reconciles weekly time sheets; follows up with employees to ensure accuracy.
• Ensures that HR administration is completed in accordance with company guidelines.
• Maintains the online application system to ensure adequate candidate flow for hourly store openings.
• Maintains associate information in labor and scheduling tool to aide in optimal staffing with in store and compliance with federal, state and local labor laws.
Effective Decision Making -
• Assists in resolving associate issues; escalates issues to store manager or appropriate management as necessary.
• Conducts candidate pre-screen interviews to provide store with a qualified candidate pool to fill open positions.
• Maintains working knowledge Kmart’s employment policies and practices and ensures awareness and compliance throughout store.
Required Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
• High School Diploma required.
• 3-5 years experience in a retail environment preferred.
• Some human resources experience preferred, but not required.
• Proven ability to multi-task and work in a fast-paced, changing environment.
• Strong interpersonal and relationship building skills.
• Ability to set priorities and effectively manage time.
• Proven ability to build teams and encourage/model collaboration.
• Prior experience and high comfort level with computer programs and systems.
• Demonstrated ability to take initiative and work independently.
• Strong decision making skills.
• Proven ability to maintain confidentiality and build a high level of trust.
• Ability to effectively communicate with both management and associates.
• Effective oral and written communication skills.
The duties, responsibilities and requirements presented in this job description should not be construed as an exhaustive list of roles or responsibilities.